Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I could prolly source you guys a fake one of these....


"1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Siera Louis Vuitton Limited Edition L.A. Funmobile And this is my car. It all started when the hippie who lived in the apartment behind my house lost his car. As in misplaced. When the cops showed up three weeks later to inform him that it was parked on the next block over, he graciously sold it to me for the low, low price of 250 bucks, having bought a new car in the interim. I promptly scraped off the 800 bumper stickers and went to work. First, I took it to Earl Scheib and had it given a heavy coat of "Chocolate Glitter." Then I painted the trim, wheel holes, the dash, steering wheel, and all the other interior with a heavy coat of gold enamel. After that, I spent a week in the garage stenciling the logos on with gold spray paint and gold leaf. A quick top-coat at Earl's and I was good to go. So far, it's been a really bad influence on me...whenever people take my picture in it, I just can't seen to keep my finger out of my nose. And when folks pull up next to me at the stoplight and start revving their engines, I just want to floor it. And sometimes I do." http://www.stevelanasa.com

No comments: